Tournament Rules approved by Ontario Fishing Club of the Deaf
1. Entrants must be an angler of the Ontario Fishing Club of the Deaf.
2. Entrants shall pay Forty dollars (40.00) fee before participating at each OFCD Tournament.
3. 90% of registration at each tournament is given to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners. Admission is split 1/3 for whichever species of fish is being fished. If no fish are caught cash prizes will be drawn and registered anglers will receive cash innings. July and August will have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place winners only.. All other months are 1st to 3rd place winners
4. Anglers are to sign waiver form protecting OFCD from any liabilities at OFCD tournament/events.
5. Anglers shall have their Ontario Recreational Fishing License (Ministry of Natural Resources) before paying fee at OFCD tournaments. Anglers are responsible to know and understand the requirements/limitations of their Conservation and Sportsman cards.
6. Anglers shall follow the Ontario and Federal Boating regulations at all times.
7. OFCD Tournament/Anglers shall follow the Ontario Recreational Fishing guides which are published annually (limit of catch, length of fish, etc.) Those with conservation cards do have some restrictions so be sure to know what they are before you go out to fish.
8. OFCD will post on their website (www.ofcd.net) and flyers at the beginning of New Year on host sites and type of fish to be caught.
9. OFCD Tournament times are as follows
May, July, August Friday 12:00pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 5:00am – 8:00 pm
Sunday 5:00am – 11:30 am
September Friday 12:00pm – 7:30pm
Saturday 5:00am – 7:30pm
Sunday 5:00am – 11:30pm
10. All fish weight will be determined by one (1) OFCD weigh scale at OFCD tournaments. (OFCD weigh station are located at or near docks)
11. Fishing shall be permitted on shore and that OFCD rules apply to both anglers on boat and shore.
13. All Bass caught will be measured using OFCD official measurement which is 12 inches minimum from tip of tail to tip of head. Bass weight will be total weight of all bass (Smallmouth/Largemouth) caught per tournaments.
14. All walleye measured shall be 13 inches from tip of tail to tip of mouth. Walleye weight will be total weight of all walleye caught per tournament.
15. All Pike, Muskie, Trout, and Salmon caught during OFCD tournaments (if advertised) shall be 2lb minimum.
16. In the event of a tie at OFCD tournaments for any fish the winner shall be the person who entered the fish first.
17. Anglers wishing to keep fish caught during tournaments – Gills must be punctured by an OFCD Board member.
18. Lunker fish prize is now the responsibility of the OFCD. But the winner of Lunker is full cash 100%. To participating anglers need to pay $10.00
19. If Pike/Musky caught by Angler any OFCD Board member can weigh it immediately to allow live release on shore.
20. If you catch a musky/pike and want to release it immediately you can page an e-
21. The OFCD Board has the authority to suspend OFCD angler if he/she in any way does not follow the rules of the OFCD and/or Ontario Recreational Fishing regulations.
22. DO NOT disturb any anglers by asking or begging to ride in their boats or join in their teams during O.F.C.D. tournament/Derby.
23. You are required to use your own live fish bags at the weighing station in every tournament event. We will NO longer accept fish in fishing nets or carried in your hands.
24. At the Bass Tournament: for each dead bass, you will be penalized .50 (1/2) lb. This will start in the 2016 tournaments.
Last Revised. April 2016
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Kerim Swiecicki.
Copyright © 2003 Ontario Fishing Club of the Deaf. All rights reserved.